Seagull Artist Mosaic Guitars: A French-Canadian Legacy
Whether you have mastered the guitar, or are looking to take on a new craft, the Seagull brand has a broad range of instruments available to fit your playing style. The Seagull Artist Mosaic is no exception, perfect for a beginner or seasoned professional.
Artist Mosaic at a Glance:
- Made in North America
- New Scalloped Adirondack Spruce bracing
- Rosewood Fingerboard
- New Rosewood Bridge Design
- Select Solid Top and Solid Back & Sides
Though possibly less distinguished than other brands, which carry a hefty price increase for their name, the superb quality and sound of this guitar make it a serious contender in the market. This is, in part, due to fantastic construction and sound of the instrument, but its overall value is truly realized in the playability.
Robert Godin first started producing Seagull Guitars in the Village of LaPatrie, Quebec back in 1982. Designed to combine the best elements of hand-crafted instruments at an affordable price, including soundboards made of centuries old tonewoods. Considering the legacy of exceptional craftsmanship, materials and value, it's easy to see how the Artist Mosaic qualifies as one of the best acoustic guitars under $1000.
Playing a Seagull Artist Mosaic
The mahogany integrated set neck, though a bit broad, is ideally fitted with slightly wide-set strings, perfect for fingerpicking. The harmonic overtones while fingerpicking make playing at full strength unnecessary, easily filling a room with warm tones with a light strum. That being said, the action of this guitar out of the box is a bit higher than other similarly styled instruments, but can easily be adjusted with a good guitar setup.
The resonance and overall vibration of this instrument set it apart from other guitars in its class. This is complemented by the semi-gloss, light finished exterior, which beckons a gentle caress on its surface to take in the rich grain. This is testament to the excellent build quality of this guitar, despite the reasonable price.
Seagull Artist Mosaic Design
This solid wood guitar is a menagerie of high-end woods, expertly pieced together to create an acoustical masterpiece. The top of the guitar is made from pressure treated cedar, while the back and sides are made from solid mahogany. The fingerboard and bridge are made from solid rosewood, and finally the nut and saddle are made from a bone alternative called Tusq made by Graph Tech Guitar Labs. In conjunction, the combination of these disparate elements make for an extremely playable guitar, with a unique feel. The Seagull Artist Mosaic is truly a unique instrument, with a level of craftsmanship far outreaching its price point.
Aside from the beautiful looks of this instrument, and its quality construction, it has a rich clean sound. The slightly larger string spacing will definitely ensure a truer sound while fingerpicking. Additionally, the quality of the neck makes it feel as though the notes and chords sing off the mahogany, providing a rich and unencumbered sound resonating from the mid-rich cedar top. You can easily discern the strong tonal qualities of the cedar-mahogany wood combination, the result of a well-built instrument. As the guitar matures with time and becomes more cohesive, those strong cedar-voiced lower mids will mellow into an even richer tonal palette.
- Manufactured and built in North America
- Bracing is made out of the new scalloped Adirondack spruce
- Finger board is made out of rosewood
- The bridge is designed using new rosewood
- Top is solid cedar
- Back and sides are solid mahogany
- Weighs 8 pounds
- Measures 45” x 8.5” x 19”
- Neck material is mahogany
- Has 6 strings
- Exceptional quality for the price
- Great sound
- Easy to play
- Wonderful tone
- Exceptional use of high end woods
- Made in North America
- No electronics
- Doesn't do windows
The Seagull Artist Mosaic Acoustic Guitar is a great purchase for someone who is very new to playing the guitar. Being made in North America also helps support the national economy keeping your dollars localized.
A great addition to the Seagull family, the instrument has a great sound and is easy to play. It's one major shortfall being without an onboard pickup system, it does limit you with what you can do with it in live situations, especially for gigs.
There are many acoustic venues where this would sound great, and in the worst case scenario, you could have a microphone hooked up pointed in its direction, but this should primarily just be used acoustically. It sounds just as good as any of the high-end models I’ve played, while also having a great if somewhat understated look. Keep in mind, purely cosmetic elements added to a guitar can drive the cost up dramatically and have little or no effect on sound.
If you're a more advanced guitarist looking for the highest quality of instrument, the Seagull Artist Mosaic Acoustic Guitar would be a great buy as you can’t go wrong with the Seagull brand in general.
I also recommend going to try it out for yourself at a local store before buying, as I believe an instrument should not be bought without testing it first. Instruments are all about personal preference, and really depend on your height and your level of skill So, before you purchase online, go to your local store and try the Seagull Artist Mosaic Acoustic Guitar. Happy playing!
This entire instrument is made with an attention to detail outstripping its medium price range. The quality of production, and outstanding tonal qualities, make it an ideal replacement for a guitar in the $2-3000 price range, while sitting at just a small portion of that price. This is solid-wood quality guitar that seems to have a sound which will only get better with time, feeling fully open and true even at medium to hard playing. It is certainly a great investment for a fledgling guitarist or seasoned professional, and also comes with a well-designed travel case. Regardless of your skill level, the Seagull Artist Mosaic is a great buy.
- Practice silently then rock loudly with the PocketStrings portable guitar practice tool.
- Practice and improve your guitar skills in places where your guitar won't fit
- Please Note: This product is the auxiliary tool for the guitar. It can't issue a standard guitar sound. Applies to those who can keep practicing and determined to speed up the guitar skills.
- Provides wide range of tension for strengthening fingers , hands , wrists , and the forearm muscle - and includes Ebook with TOP TEN finger exercises
- Guitar scale sticker,The best helper for beginners Compact size, lightweight and portable, available for you to practice anywhere.
- Faithful to the Gretsch® "Rex" Parlor Guitars of the 1930s, '40s and '50s
- Agathis Top, Back, and Sides w/Vintage Semi-Gloss Finish
- 24"-Scale "C"-Shaped Nato Neck w/Vintage-Style Headstock and Rosewood Fingerboard w/18 Vintage-Style Frets (12 to Body)
- Open-Gear Die-Cast Tuning Machines and Rosewood Top-Load Bridge with Compensated PPS Saddle
- Case Not Included
- ❶ Full-size 41 inch dreadnought body for full and vibrant tone, suited for all styles of music
- ❷ Right-hand design, spruce top mahogany back and sides bring you richer and brighter sound
- ❸ 20 Brass Frets with Fret position Marks at 3th, 5th, 7th, 9th, 12th, 15th and 17th frets on neck and top of fingerboard
- ❹ Handmade in the traditional style, ideal to find your way around the instrument
- ❺ 30 Days Unconditional Money Back Guarantee Backed Up By Our Awesome Customer Support, you can rest assured to buy our products
- Perfect for students and beginners
- Dreadnought body
- Spruce top
- Rosewood fretboard
- Chrome tuners