Is the Fender Acoustic Guitar Bundle a Good Deal?
Have you been thinking about learning how to play the guitar? Are you interested in learning on a quality acoustic guitar that isn’t going to cost an arm and a leg? If you answered, “yes” to both of these questions, then you need to check out everything this Fender acoustic guitar bundle has to offer.
At a glance:
- Everything you need to start playing straight out of the box
- Full-size dreadnought body for full and vibrant tone, suited for all styles of music
- 20-fret rosewood fingerboard with dot inlays
- Rosewood bridge with compensated synthetic bone saddle
- Laminated spruce top
Everything you need to start playing right away (except lessons) is included in the bundle, so you don’t have to go out and buy any additional accessories before you can use it. Because it is an acoustic guitar, you don’t even need to use an amplifier. Let’s take a look at all of the great things this guitar bundle has to offer.
A Great Beginner Guitar
The Fender Acoustic Guitar Bundle offers a great value for the beginner. You get the quality of a Fender guitar, without the high price. It looks and sounds terrific, and it is ready to use right out of the box. It will need to be tuned, because it is best to keep the strings loose during shipping so as not to damage the neck.
It tunes easily, and if you don’t know how to tune by ear yet, it comes with a handy little clip-on guitar tuner that can also be used for other instruments.
This is a guitar that has great playability, and thanks to the low action, it is easy for beginners to use. The action is the height of the strings from the neck. The higher the action, the more difficult it is to play because you have to press down on the strings a lot harder.
Until you have toughened up your fingers, this can be pretty painful. Because it is a full-size guitar, it may not be easy for children to learn on, but it is definitely a guitar that they can grow into.
- This guitar has a warm and vibrant sound that you can expect from a Fender acoustic guitar. Obviously, it isn’t going to give you the same sound that you would get for a much more expensive model, but for the price, you will be hard-pressed to find anything better
- This acoustic guitar from Fender has a 20-fret fingerboard made from rosewood, and there are dot inlays so you know which frets you are playing on. The bridge is also made from rosewood, and has a synthetic bone saddle
- The wood used to make this guitar is a combination of laminate spruce on the top, which is common in most acoustic guitars. Where you save money is the basswood back and sides, which is a lesser quality wood than the woods that are traditionally used for more expensive guitars
Compare these acoustic guitar bundles:
- If you are looking for a quality beginner guitar that is affordable, this Fender acoustic guitar bundle is an excellent deal. It is probably one of the least expensive guitar you can get that is actually worth buying
- This is a full size, dreadnaught acoustic guitar that is ideal for beginners (although its size may make it a bit difficult for smaller children to handle). It has a great sound for those who are still trying to train their ears
- The bundle package comes with everything you need to start playing right out of the box, including a gig bag, extra strings, guitar picks, an electric tuner, a polishing cloth, and an Austin Bazaar instructional DVD
- This may be a Fender guitar, but it doesn’t necessarily live up to all of the Fender quality standards we have come to expect. Considering the price point, it’s expected to have some minor shortcomings. That being said, it does have a decent sound, and is made with quality Fender parts
- Make sure that you check the box when it arrives so you know that everything that is supposed to be included is actually inside. Due to packing errors, there may be some items missing, which you can have replaced at no cost.
You don’t have to start right out on an expensive guitar, especially if you are not even sure that you are going to be able to play the instrument well enough to stick with it. This is why it is often recommended that people start out with a less expensive guitar. But, it doesn’t mean that you have to buy a piece of junk either.
This Fender acoustic guitar is made by one of the top guitar manufacturers in the world, and for the price, it has a pretty great sound. Check it out for yourself, and you will see that this may be the perfect beginner acoustic guitar bundle.