Loog 3-String Solid-Body Electric Guitar, Clearly Cool
A DIY guitar kit needs to be ultra-sturdy if you are aiming it towards use by a child. The gift of music is a great one to give, and the chance for your child to actually build the instrument, before going on to learn how to play it too, is a real plus point. The Loog 3-String Solid Body Lucite model is very sturdy, and practically put together, with enough left to do to give your child the feel of making it themselves.
Loog At a Glance:
- A real guitar made out of real wood
- Equipped with a screaming pickup that sounds amazing
- Because it only has three strings and a narrow neck it's easier for small children to form chords
There's also the helpful iOS app which can be accessed to help with learning how to actually play the instrument once it is assembled, which is an added extra many other products don’t have.
There are many features on this particular kit which make it stand out amongst others in the same vein, so let’s explore it a little more.
- Extremely cool see-through lucite body
- Also available in five different paint colours, including yellow, blue, and green, to name just a few
- Neck made of real wood, making it a sturdy choice
- Three strings and narrow neck, makes it easy for children to handle and play on
- Compatible with the Loog iOS app, which gives video lessons for help children learn to play
- Lightweight but sturdy enough to hold comfortably, at 6.3lb
- The Loog iOS app makes learning how to play the instrument easy
- Easy to put together
- Comprehensive instruction manual included
- Only really for young players or those who are very basic learners, a more experienced or even intermediate player wouldn’t find much use in this particular instrument
- Not the lightest instrument on the market, so for particularly young players this might be an issue
The Loog 3-String Solid-Body Electric Lucite Guitar is the perfect choice for parents who want to introduce their children to the wonder of music, and the fact you can help them build the guitar, certainly helps them bond with the instrument in a much more personal way. This guitar could be described as being half put together, and the rest of the assembly process is quite easy.
A Little Loog History:
Loog started as an academic project in 2010 when Rafael Atijas developed the concept as his Master’s thesis at New York University. The idea was: what if a children’s guitar wasn't just small but also had other features that made it fun and easy to learn how to play? The 3 strings still let kids and beginners play chords and, therefore, any song. But, with fewer things to learn, it's easier to play and to make sense of what they are playing. The fact that The Loog Guitar was conceived in a university actually explains a lot about the company's culture and the success of it's Kickstarter campaign: our main goal is not to make the most profit, but to offer a product that is unique and well-designed.
Besides having the ability to levitate your children, and an uber-cool see-through lucite version, you can choose between five different colour options. This makes it very attractive to prospective young musicians, and you have the safety net of the very easy to follow instruction manual if you get a little lost along the way. Once the guitar is put together, you can access the iOS app on your iPhone or iPad, which gives advice and video tutorials on how to play the guitar, helping along the learning process.
This is not a toy guitar by any means, and once it is assembled, the instrument is a very high quality choice, with a great sound quality too. Whilst it isn’t the most lightweight DIY guitar on the market, the lucite version at 6.3lb is lightweight enough, and a little bulk can be a good thing when learning how to play from the start.
Overall, this is a fantastic product for the first time player, and actually assembling the guitar together is a great bonding experience too.
- AMAZING SOUND! The Full-size 41 inch guitar combined with resonance box to give longer sustain, fuller, and a bit deeper woody warm tones and full-bodied sound. It has beautiful rich sound for each chord.
- SOLID WOOD - The acoustic Wooden Beginner Guitar combines the elegant B Grade Spruce and Sapele wood & Okoume neck. An acoustic instrument fashioned from Spruce top and Sapele body exhibits a pleasingly warmer and deeper tone.
- ONE FOR ALL - 41 inch full size guitar cutaway body for full and vibrant tone and wider spaced frets which are better for adults, novices, intermediate player or professionals who start to practice on.
- ALL In ONE KIT! - All the accessories come with gig bag, guitar strap, strings, digital clip-on tuner , polishing cloth and guitar picks; ready to use right out of the box. Just a perfect starter kit pack!!!
- 30 Days Unconditional Money Back Guarantee Backed Up By Our Awesome Customer Support, you can buy our products with confidence.
- BEST FOR BEGINER:Full-size 39 inch cutaway dreadnought body for full and vibrant tone, suited for all styles of music,including rock, country, folk, blues and more. bring you richer and brighter sound.
- COMFORTABLE HAND FEELING & RELIABLE QUALITY: The body and fingerboard of the guitar are respectively made of high-quality basswood plywood and Rosewood. Our well-made guitar will be showed in smooth feeling, suitable thickness handle, gliding fret, precise chord distance and comfortable strings.
- WELL-APPOINTED SET: Take your beginner guitar to lessons or on vacation with the included storage bag. Also included everything you need to start playing right out of the box like a shoulder strap, tuner, picks and tuner.
- PERFECT GIFT FOR CHIRLDREN GUITARIST: Ideal present for Birthday, Christmas, New Year, Black Friday and any other specail days, also sitable for the travelling.
- WARRANTY: We promise 6-months warranty. Return within 30 days, Exchange within 60 days. Any problems with your guitar, please contact us any time at your convenience. We will try our best to solve it.
- Full-size 41 inch dreadnought body for full and vibrant tone, suited for all styles of music
- The guitar is an ideal instrument for the beginner, or young musician. The body depth and width bring out balanced tone and plenty of projection to be heard from across the room
- Right-hand design, spruce top mahogany back and sides bring you richer and brighter sound
- Handmade in the traditional style,20 Brass Frets with Fret position Marks at 3th, 5th, 7th, 9th, 12th, 15th and 17th frets on neck and top of fingerboard
- 30 Days Unconditional Money Back Guarantee Backed Up By Our Awesome Customer Support, you can rest assured to buy our products
- Reasonably priced, entry-level acoustic guitar /Meticulously crafted in the traditional style
- Give you a nice mellow tone with a slower response /Ideal for beginners to find their way around the instrument
- The wood top, back and sides keep the guitar lightweight and inexpensive while not sacrificing tone
- Come included with a guitar pick and an extra set of strings
- Dimensions(21.25 x 2.36)"(L x H) / Package Includes: 1 x Guitar, 1 x String, 1 x Plectrum